Baixiang Nunnery is located on the east side of the side road beside the "Heart" stone in Xitian Scenic Area, below Wenshu Rock. It was built by Ming Dynasty monk Puyao and his apprentice Tongyin together.
In the last year of the Qing Dynasty, Shushan, the ninth grandson disciple of Puyao, rebuilt this nunnery. In 1921, Puyao's eleventh grandson disciple Delian raised funds and built the nunnery's mountain gate and wing-rooms. When New China was first established, Venerable Mingzhao lived here. On July 1, 2017, the Buddhist Association of Mount Putuo officially restored it and began to rebuild it, sponsored by Venerable Daosheng. On January 17, 2018, the ceremony to put up the frame was held.